Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Elementary Tool:The Leap Pad

I looked at the leappad for my future students. I believe this will be especially useful in the students' language development. This innovative tool will allow students to listen to stories while following along and learning how to read and visualize the words. With the touch sensitive pen, kids can toucha word and listen to the eord being spoken aloud. The visual and verbal accounts will make learning easier and more stimualting for the children.
Here is a link to further demonstrate how interactive this tool can be. In this video, a child used the Leap Pad to learn to read and conprehend sentences and words while playing along with the interactive sound effects: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS_Bq1PTQ1w&feature=related.
The following website give a tutorial on how to properly use the leap pad, which I found very useful on all the applications for this tool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rWzjGBJn5A&feature=related. I beleive this tutorial is best because it shows all the features with a leap pad instead of trying to explain them all. It is easy to follow along with and very comprehensible.
I would most definitely use this tool in my future classroom

No comments:

Post a Comment